fashion Image Map

Sunday, August 26, 2012

Sewing Floral 60s: UPDATE Part #2

As promised I will show my creation of the space gown which is currently incomplete, the gown is to have futuristic features, although due to time I was unable to finish. But here are my sketches to show my ideas. Before I show you them, here are some dresses that inspired me:




My sketches of possible ideas (even though they aren't good)

 Idea 1:




Idea 2:


Idea 3 and Chosen Idea:

 
Front


Back


I have made the third one, here it is (I haven't hemmed it yet or inserted the hoop into the lining yet):

Front


I almost finished the dress, although I'm finding it hard to finish; attaching lining to the zipper and hemming the dress. If you have an guides on how to do those, please comment below :)


 P.S The Vintage Floral Sateen!







2 comments:

  1. Hi Sofia, to attach the lining to the zipper, you will have to hand sew it. I have attempted a tutorial here on how to machine finish the lining to the zipper

    http://www.sewmelove.com/2012/02/squiggle-squiggle-squiggle-squiggle.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey hun, I'll have to refer you to the pattern instructions becos this was my first time using the pattern and I don't know it well enough to interpret the instructions in my own way :)
    The instructions are very straight forward though. I recommend printing out the pattern so you are familiar with the pieces, then you can enlarge it to the size you want :)

    ReplyDelete

Hope you enjoyed! If you want more, please follow me :)

ShareThis